Spring is in the air.  What a great time to renew what I'm doing or not doing in my current Yoga practice.  Meditating this morning I was focusing on the breath and found myself wanting to bring my attention to the chakras instead.  So I just went with it and let my focus go where it naturally wanted to.  The fifth chakra and a wonderful blue colour began to fill my mind. Expression, voice and creative thought are part of the fifth chakra.  I'm thinking of new beginnings and what's next as a college course I'm finishing next week draws to an end.  So it seems appropriate to be focusing on creative energies in the body and how to speak about and use the new information I've learned.
I'm also thinking about ways to renew my Yoga asana practice. Not sure where that will go, but I've learned that if I just start with a breathing practice and then let my body direct the flow of asanas, it's smarter than me and knows what it needs.  I recently was given a gift of a wonderful yoga book called Yoga for Women that is filled with inspiration.  Whatever is next I welcome it, just like the warm spring breeze and chirping robins outside my window.

Comments

Popular Posts