New Yoga photos

I just added some new yoga photos to my Flickr page.  This feeds the slide show on this blog.  Some might say that's mighty brave of me.  I can't pretend to be 35 now that you can see me.  I guess that's the point though.  Here I am trying to be the best I can be no matter how old I am.  And I'm definitely not 35 anymore.  Far from it.  My passion for Yoga has changed over the years.  I used to aim for those really picture perfect poses and that was easy.  Now I aim to find ways to modify poses and make them more comfortable.  I spend more time thinking about the breath, when I'm in a pose.  That I would say is a good thing.  And of course, I really believe in Savasana and meditation practice to relieve stress and focus on inner well-being.
It's interesting for me to look at photos of myself in yoga poses 10 years ago and now.  Yes, I can see differences.  But I can also see that there is flexibility and some strength I wouldn't have now if not for Yoga. 
This week I surprised myself and did a practice at home 3 times already and it's Thursday so maybe I'll get more Yoga in by Sunday night.  At the beginning of the week my lower back was really aching and now that's completely gone.  So I'm happy to have this result for my efforts this week.  I'm doing my yoga earlier in the day and that seems to be helping me get to it.
So I guess what I'm saying is this.  Keep up you're yoga practice, either at home or at a class. Years down the road it will still be one of the best things you can do for your health and well-being. 

Comments

Popular Posts